Novel Tea
This is my back yard.

When will it ever stop snowing in Wisconsin?

Luckily, it's warm indoors.

I'm obsessed with novelty print fabrics, and I make corny dresses out of them. This one has books on it. First I made the bolero by cutting off a really long sweater and adding the book trim and single-closure button. Then I needed to make a dress to wear with it since I don't like the way boleros trisect separates. (This is my first bolero ever, by the way. It's taken me a long time to get around to liking them.)

I wish I had CB I Hate Perfume's library scent to wear with this outfit.

When will it ever stop snowing in Wisconsin?
Luckily, it's warm indoors.

I'm obsessed with novelty print fabrics, and I make corny dresses out of them. This one has books on it. First I made the bolero by cutting off a really long sweater and adding the book trim and single-closure button. Then I needed to make a dress to wear with it since I don't like the way boleros trisect separates. (This is my first bolero ever, by the way. It's taken me a long time to get around to liking them.)
I wish I had CB I Hate Perfume's library scent to wear with this outfit.
Labels: books, dresses, fabric, novelty print, sewing

6 Comments:
I am so excited to visit your blog, and to see (the faceless) you.
In the Library IS PERFECT.
And so is your dress! I'm amazed! How do you work all this magic?
Wait, in the picture, is your book upside-down? Sneak.
C: Thank you!
S: It's my dad's dictionary from his childhoo. The title was actually printed on the bottom of the book. That wacky mid-century graphic design!
Brava, this is a thrilling library print dress.
I too am obsessed with novelty prints, but alas, I have no sewing ability. This dress and bolero are awesome. And the photos are charming.
This outfit is wonderful and fun!
At various times, I have eyed high quality sweaters with unappealing cuts in Goodwill and considered reshaping them into something else.
I've redone necklines, but nothing this ambitious. This makes me think I should invest the whole $3.00 to give it a try.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home